Protect your family and teach them to protect themselves
Whatever age you are, the ability to protect yourself will provide you with a life-long skill. It will increase threat consciousness and personal confidence. These skills can be used in your daily routine, not just in conflict scenarios and are applicable for every age group. Self-protection does not need to be 100% physical. The most effective protection against intimidation is overcoming your feelings of vulnerability. Self Protection Ltd will teach you how. We will also provide you with a realistic, stressful, threat based scenario in which to prove the effectiveness of what you have learnt with us.
In conjunction with the Gerrards Cross Community Association (GXCA), Self Projection Ltd ran a workshop on 13th March 2016 in the Colston Hall. It was funded by a Big Lottery Award grant that GXCA had been successful in winning. Over 90 people attended the workshop, 50 of these were under the age of 17 years old.
Self Protection Ltd is running another lottery funded workshop in Beaconsfield and Chalfont St Peter in January 2017. Each date will be split into age groups to provide relevant content.
Sunday, 22nd January 2017 – Chalfont St Peter Community Centre, SL9 9QX
- Ages 18+: 1pm to 4:30pm
- 65+: 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Sunday, 29th January 2017 – Chalfont St Peter Community Centre, SL9 9QX
- Ages 15 to 17: 10:30am to 12:30pm
- Ages 11 to 14: 1:30pm to 3pm
- Ages 7 to 11: 4pm to 5pm
The whole local community are invited to attend these free courses. Places can be reserved at www.selfprotectionltd.com/book-a-course.php or on 07397 197177.
The instructors on the workshops run by Self Protection Ltd are fully qualified, first aid trained, insured and DBS checked.
- 7th Degree Tae Kwon-do Master Malcolm Jones and Matthew Collins, who is a black belt in Judo, Tae Kwon-do and Kickboxing, established Self Protection Ltd in 2014
- Malcolm and Matt have over 50 years of combined martial arts training but they established Self Protection Ltd to overcome the generic technical and rule based self protection routines inherent in martial arts. Self Protection Ltd focuses on each individual’s biological response to stress and conflict
- Self Protection Ltd was established to provide knowledge to those who may feel vulnerable and want to enhance their positive body language and ability to resolve aggression and situations of conflict
- Self Protection Ltd workshops are not all physical, prescriptive defences but educate people to understand their bodies and minds at times of stress when in vulnerable situations and how to respond accordingly to produce the best possible outcome
- Workshops are run for different age groups with content varying accordingly
- The Big Lottery Fund supports the aspirations of people who want to make life better for their communities across the UK. They are responsible for giving out 40% of the money raised by the National Lottery for good causes and invest over £650 million a year in projects big and small in health, education, environment and charitable purposes.
- Since June 2004 we have awarded over £8 billion to projects that make a difference to people and communities in need, from early years intervention to commemorative travel funding for World War Two veterans
- Since the National Lottery began in 1994, £33 billion has been raised and more than 450,000 grants awarded